Teeth whitening in West Covina, CA
Tooth whitening enhances the brightness of natural teeth, but it's not for everyone. Discuss it with your dentist before you take action, especially if you have:
- Discolored or sensitive teeth
- White spots or decay on your teeth
- Infected gums
- A bridge, crown, or other dental work (especially involving front teeth)
The lifespan of teeth bleaching can range from 4-12 months, depending on the type of treatment used and your consumption of food and drink that can easily stain teeth (such as blueberries, coffee, and tea).
To keep your teeth their whitest without undergoing tooth whitening treatment, practice good oral hygiene.
Types of Whiteners
If your dentist agrees that you are a candidate for tooth whitening, you can choose either an over-the-counter tooth whitening kit or a dentist-supervised treatment.
If using an over-the-counter whitening kit, choose one approved by the American Dental Association and follow the directions on its package. Store-bought kits require 7-30 days of consistent use for full effect. Individual results can vary.
Professional Teeth Whitening
A teeth whitening dentist provides greater results faster than store-bought kits. Two types of treatment are available:
- An in-office treatment typically whitens teeth 5-10 shades.
- A dentist-dispensed take-home kit contains a higher concentration of whitening agent than a store-bought kit and is as easy to use. You are likely to be more satisfied with the results of a dentist-dispensed kit than by a store-bought kit.